You can use as many different fabrics as you want. This pattern is for a quilt roughly 32” square. For larger quilts increase the number of 18” squares.
- It is made up of 4 units
- Start with 4 x 18” square pieces of fabric (use contrasting fabrics)
- Stack the 4 pieces on top of each other
- Cut through all layers as shown in the diagram below
Reassemble the squares with the colours as evenly distributed as possible.
- Sew 4 rectangles together and 3 squares together
- Sew the 4 joined rectangles to the sewn 3 squares.
- Sew the 4” x 18” oblong to the sewn 3 squares.
- Sew 2 reassembled squares together so they are the opposite way up. Repeat with the other 2 squares. Join the 2 sets together.
- If you wish to rearrange the squares in a different way they may need to be trimmed.